Improve the accuracy and logistics of wood volume measured at your use. Mabema GPV systems have the best accuracy and speed when measuring timber stacks on vehicles. The results include solid wood volume on and under the bark, diameter distribution, length, width and height for each pile. The system also provides color image for Q.A.
Volume measurement of timber piles on truck
- Streamlined measurement
- Accurate solid under bark measurement
- Accurate diameter distribution measurement
- Automatic pile segmentation
- Sharp colour images in light neutral environment
Cuts lead- and handling time which streamlines all the steps of wood pile measurement on vehicles whilst the measurement quality is top class.
Mabema GPV measures the volume of wood on log carts on trucks. The results include height, length, width and diameters of the logs, as well as the solid under bark volume. Compared to conventional measuring methods, Mabema GPV is both faster and more accurate.
Optional upgrades are available. For example, detection of rot, individual log measurement, log length control, segmentation of shared stacks and wood type selection. Results are shown in our own UI and can be directly linked to a superior system. Mabema GPV is used successfully by several recognized Swedish companies since more than four years.
The market’s only fully automated type-approved volume measurement
Mabema GPV is type approved for remuneration measurements (m3 fub) of the following applications:
- Soft pulpwood – mixed and fixed lengths
- Hard pulpwood – mixed and fixed lengths
- Coniferous timber – mixed and fixed lengths
Type approved for diameter distribution (m3 fub) for the following distribution limits regardless of wood type:
- Standard lengths with distribution limits 120 – 289 mm and 329 – 379 mm
- Standard lengths with distribution limits 209 – 289 mm and 329 – 439 mm
Mabema GPV is also approved to use three intervals simultaneously where each interval has its own price category. For example, the intervals <16 cm, 16-18 cm,> 18 cm. Used today at VIDA; Alvesta, Nössemark and Tranemo Sawmills.
- Project for installation of Measuring system 9 (M9) at Metsä, Husum pulpmill.
- Braviken, Holmen
- Värö, Södra
- Alvesta, VIDA
- Nössemark, VIDA
- Tranemo, VIDA
- Krylbo, AB Karl Hedin
- Project for installation of Measuring system 6 (M6) Södra, Långasjö sawmill
- Project for installation of Measuring system 7 (M7) Södra, Mörrum pulpmill
For more information and guidance, please contact Mabema +46 (0) 73 515 37 00 or send us an email.
För support regarding GPV please call us on +46 (0) 73 577 63 07 or click on the button below to email our GPV support.
In Sweden the results are directly linked with the Biometria nationwide superior system IRIS*.
*) IRIS system is used to remote supervise the measurements and payload data.