Volume measurement of timber piles on truck
- Streamlined measurement
- Accurate solid under bark measurement
- Accurate diameter distribution measurement
- Automatic pile segmentation
- Sharp colour images in light neutral environment
Cuts lead- and handling time which streamlines all the steps of wood pile measurement on vehicles whilst the measurement quality is top class.
Mabema GPV measures the volume of wood on log carts on trucks. The results include height, length, width and diameters of the logs, as well as the solid under bark volume. Compared to conventional measuring methods, Mabema GPV is both faster and more accurate.
The market’s only fully automated type-approved volume measurement
Mabema GPV is type approved for remuneration measurements (m3 fub) of the following applications:
- Soft pulpwood – mixed and fixed lengths
- Hard pulpwood – mixed and fixed lengths
- Coniferous timber – mixed and fixed lengths
Type approved for diameter distribution (m3 fub) for the following distribution limits regardless of wood type:
- Standard lengths with distribution limits 139 – 289 mm and 329 – 379 mm
- Standard lengths with distribution limits 209 – 289 mm and 329 – 439 mm
Mabema GPV is also approved to use three intervals simultaneously where each interval has its own price category. For example, the intervals <16 cm, 16-18 cm,> 18 cm. Used today at VIDA; Alvesta, Nössemark and Tranemo Sawmills.
- Project for installation of Measuring system 6 (M6) at Södra, Långasjö timber sawmill
- Braviken, Holmen
- Värö, Södra
- Alvesta, VIDA
- Nössemark, VIDA
- Tranemo, VIDA
- Project for installation of Measuring system 7 (M7) Södra, Mörrum pulpmill
For more information and guidance, please contact Mabema +46 70 448 37 16 or send us an email.
In Sweden the results are directly linked with the Biometria nationwide superior system IRIS*.
*) IRIS system is used to remote supervise the measurements and payload data.